top of page

Building Permits

If you are planning any kind of building project, including purchasing a pre-built structure, you must obtain a building permit. To do so, you must submit a complete Building Permit Application to the town office (see documents below). If you have questions, the Code Enforcement Officer can be reached via email at


There are quite a few state laws around both building and demolishing structures that must be complied with, and the Code Enforcement Officer has the necessary information to assist you with these laws.


The NH Energy Code was revised on April 1, 2010 and many more projects now require approval under that code. Please check with the Code Enforcement Officer before replacing doors, windows, or re-roofing.

If you have questions about whether or not a project requires a building or demolition permit, please contact the Code Enforcement Officer BEFORE the project is started. An "after the fact" permit will incur a $150 penalty fee.

Should the Code Enforcement Officer or the Planning Board deny an application, or if there is a request for a special exemption to the Zoning Regulations, an appeal may be made to the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Please contact the Town Office for more information.

Please refer to the documents below for information on when and how to file a Building Permit Application. Completed applications can be submitted via email to the Town Office (, via postal mail, or dropped off in person.


If your project will be built on a parcel located on a private road, please call the Town Office as the process is slightly different. 

Town Administrator

Fire Permits

Anyone who wishes to burn clean, ordinary combustibles such as leaves, brush or untreated lumber, or to have a camp or cooking fire MUST have written permission from the landowner and a Fire Permit from the Forest Fire Warden or the town Fire Department.  Please call the Town Office for more information.

More details on what can and cannot be burned and more information can be found starting on page 130, in the rear of the Town Report.

Regulations and Applications

The following links will take you to documents that may be useful in determining what changes or requests are possible in regards to your property and/or buildings. 

If you have further questions please contact the Town Office for assistance. 

bottom of page